Cineplace Limited (‘Cineplace’ for short) is a company incorporated in England and Wales, under company registration number 09990144 and its registered office address is 7-11 Woodcote Rd., Wallington, Surrey, SM6 0LH.
If you wish to contact Cineplace about this policy, or any other reason related to our data processing management, please do so via email at email@example.com
- These terms apply to all visitors of our website.
Before you use our website you should:
a. make sure that your personal details are complete and accurate;
b. read and understand these terms.
- By using our website or otherwise interacting with Cineplace Limited you accept and agree to be bound by these terms including Cineplace’s processing of your personal data in accordance with this policy.
- By “country of data origin” we mean the country from which you provided your information.
- By “data controller” we mean a person or entity who determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, used.
- By “data processor” we mean a person or entity who responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller. For example, Purr Digital ( www.purrdigital.com ), the developer of this website is a Cineplace data processor.
- By “Personal Data” we mean data which identifies you (or data which can identify you when combined with other information in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- By “European Economic Area (EEA)” we mean the 27 EU member states, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
- By “member”, we mean you have actively created a Basic or Premium (Paid) account on Cineplace.
- We may hold your information electronically or in paper form in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Your information includes any information which we hold now or at any time in the future and which comes from or relates to your use of our website and our services.
Types of Information Cineplace collects:
There are two main types of information that may be collected by Cineplace “personal Identifying Data”(Personal Data) and “Non-Personal Identifying Data” (Usage Data).
Personal identifying data
Personal identifying data you provide may include your name, email address, address, phone number and possibly financial information (paid members). This may include but is not limited to data you give when you:
- create an account with us (Trial/Paid);
- fill in forms, surveys and requests, reviews on our website;
- correspond with us by phone, e-mail, post;
- sign up to our newsletter and communications;
- by attending one of our events and expressing interest, entering a contract or similar;
- reporting a problem or supplying feedback with our site.
We will also collect data regarding your communication preferences and preferences in receiving marketing from us.
Non- personal identifying data
8. browser type/browser version; 9. the pages of the site you visit, along with the time, date and duration you spend on those pages;
10. bespoke device identifiers and other diagnostic data i.e. language.
Data collected from Third Parties
We will also collect data from third parties and can provide links to host on these sites that may be tracked to indicate usage and therefore if you visit such websites or applications, we may receive certain information about you as described above.
We may receive your contact details from third parties, where appropriate consent has been provided to us for your details to be passed on to us. We may also receive Usage data from our third party analytic systems such as Gruvi (https://gruvi.tv/ ) who provides us with social media campaigns and collects event cinema data including event information and showtimes.
Cineplace does not control third-party sites or platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey and Powster) and therefore the Policy does not apply to them. This would also include distributor, exhibitors and ticketing websites, that Cineplace has no control over.
We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain Cineplace and those of our partners.
Cookies, Social Media and Google Analytics
- A computer cookie is a small piece of information that is stored by your browser on your computer.
We use the following cookies:
a. session cookies to authenticate account logins, to help you navigate our website and to help us discover which pages of our website you like or dislike and to tailor our website accordingly. Session cookies are destroyed when you close your browser;
b. if you have an account, we use persistent cookies. Persistent cookies allow you to store your account login details on your computer to save login time.
- Most web browsers will usually allow you to change the setting of your browser not to accept cookies and although this may affect the quality of your visit to our website you can still use most of the features on our website. To find out more about cookies (including how to switch them off) please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, following or tweeting about us on Twitter, Google Plus and various other social networks, these networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose. In some cases those services may set a cookie even where you do not click a button. As in the case for all cookies, we cannot access these set by social networks, just as those social networks cannot access cookies we set ourselves.
How We Use Your Information
We will only use your Personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use the Personal data in the following circumstances:
provide our services to you;
a. provide our services to you;
b. create anonymised and aggregated statistics of your use of our website including, without limitation, your responses to advertising campaigns;
c. modify or improve our services;
d. communicate with you in connection with your Cineplace experience for example, to gauge your level of satisfaction with our service or contact you in connection with any issues, faults, requests;
e. market products or services as set out in the Marketing section below.
We will also use your data for various purposes including:
a. to provide and maintain our site(s);
b. to provide customer support;
c. to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Site(s) and Services;
d. to notify you of any changes to our Site(s) and Services;
e. to detect, prevent and action technical issues;
f. to provide you with news, special offers and general information about the Event Cinema industry (which may include information about goods and services offered by our third party partners at our events but we will never give your details to these third parties without your prior consent) – unless you have opted not to receive such information and ensure we abide by your communication and marketing preferences we serve to you.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails you may opt out on every communication Cineplace sends. If you would like to update your preferences, would not like to be contacted or want to understand more about how your personal data is being used then please contact Cineplace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Share Your Information With
We will not share your information outside of Cineplace Ltd, except:
a. your identity and contact details to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy;
b. with enforcement agencies (including without limitation the Police) for the purposes of the prevention or detection of crime;
c. to third parties such as Stripe for memberships or third parties not listed above where you have given your explicit consent for us to do so for example where you have opted in;
d. third party companies and individuals we engage to:
- advise on our services and in analysing how our site is used;
- perform site-related services or;
- regarding the connection and provide functions of our business and IT and system administration services;
e. in circumstances where we are required or permitted to do so by law as an obligation or to protect against legal liability;
f. to protect and defend the rights or property of Cineplace;
g. investigate any wrongdoing in connection with the service;
h. to protect the personal safety of users of the service or public or;
i. to disclose Personal Data to our professional advisors, including lawyers, bankers, auditors and who provide consultancy, banking, legal and such services.
- We will only use your Personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use the Personal data in the following circumstances: provide our services to you;
Who We Transfer Your Information To
We will not transfer your information to a new data controller except:
a. where we wish to sell, transfer or otherwise assign the whole or any part of our business;
b. where we wish to subcontract, sell or transfer our service provision to a third party;
c. where as part of your registration process you have indicated that we may do so for marketing purposes and you have not withdrawn that consent;
d. in circumstances where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
- We will not transfer your information to a new data controller except:
Where We May Share Your Information
Our registered office is in the United Kingdom and we will use your information from within the United Kingdom even if this is not the country of data origin in respect of your information.
We share your information with others in accordance with clauses 6.1.a. to 6.1.j. (inclusive). The data controllers listed in clauses 6.1.a to 6.1.h. (inclusive) may not be based in, or using your information from within, the:
a. United Kingdom;
b. European Economic Area (EEA);
c. country of data origin.
If you would like more information regarding memberships please refer to any documentation supplied when creating your account or contact us at email@example.com.
Please note if you are a member: If you have a trial/membership with us you are allowing your name and/or company and job title to be available to other members especially for use of the Messaging and Discussion tools. As a member you will be automatically subscribed to receive newsletters to your provided email address and put into the Cineplace Community group.
If a Cineplace member messages you, you have the option to accept/decline or leave their message/group. If you decline, the sender will not be able to send you any further private messages, however they can add you to a group chat and you have the option to accept or decline again. If you are both in groups (discussions) together you will still be able to see each other’s posts. When adding posts and resources in the discussion tool, note that all group members can see and have access to these communications and information about who posted them (including name, company).
Cineplace advises not to supply contact details or sensitive information including company and personal information over the messaging tools. If you do, you do so strictly at your own responsibility.
The messaging tool is not encrypted, however Cineplace will only investigate messages if there is has been a complaint made and it has turned into an investigation. Participants may be informed during and post the investigation depending if Cineplace deems it necessary.
All member accounts will have encrypted passwords and so if you are logged out of your account please follow the instructions in your account to reset. Please do not share your password.
- Under Section 11 of the Data Protection 1998 you have the right to stop us using your information for marketing purposes. If you want us to stop using your information for those purposes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have opted in, we may use your information to keep you informed of our products, services, promotions and events. We may contact you by email to do this. If you want us to stop using your information for this purpose please contact us.
- If you have opted in, we may use your information to inform you of third party products, services, promotions and events which may be of interest to you. We never give your details to such third parties without your explicit consent. If you would not like receive these types of communications please email email@example.com.
- We may keep anonymised and aggregated statistics of your response to any advertising provided to you – such as you clicking on a particular advertisement. We may share that information with third parties or transfer it to third parties.
Security of your Data is important to us and so Cineplace uses relevant technological and operational security systems and procedures to protect your information against any unauthorised access or unlawful use. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure and therefore while we endeavour to use acceptable means to protect your Data we cannot always guarantee this entirely.
Cineplace will retain and store usage data for internal analysis purposes. This data may be stored indefinitely and is used to improve the services of the site, strengthen security or are legally obliged to retain.
We consider the nature, the sensitivity and the purpose of your Personal Data to allocate the appropriate retention period. However, to ensure we are supplying the most up to date communications and consent that you have provided, Cineplace may contact you (via email) to update your preferences:
- If you have subscribed to our newsletter and communications only and are inactive for a 2-year period (for example, not opening or clicking on links), we will send you an email asking if you would like to continue receiving Cineplace communications. If no box is ticked after a certain duration (duration will be mentioned in the communications) you will be automatically unsubscribed.
- As a member of Cineplace you will receive notifications and preferred communications but if you become inactive we will contact you to see if you would like to continue using Cineplace services at the end of your membership period.
For more information on data retention or if you have any questions, please contact us.
You may unsubscribe/end your Cineplace membership at any time. This option will be clearly available on all communications we send to you but will not result in a refund if any time is left within your existing membership period.
Cineplace endeavours to take the correct steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. In accordance to local law your choices may include:
- the choice to change/update your profile and amend or delete your membership;
- the choice to change/update your choices for newsletters, alerts and other communications;
- the choice whether to receive from us offers, promotions, regarding Cineplace’s content and services or content and services that Cineplace believes may be of interest to you.
- the choice whether Cineplace shares your information with other companies so that they can send you offers and promotions in relation to their entity.
You also have certain rights regarding the information Cineplace holds about you, including:
- the right to ask Cineplace not to process your personal information for marketing purposes;
- the right to request access to the information Cineplace holds about you;
- the right, in certain circumstances to have inaccuracies in your personal information rectified, or to have your information blocked, erased or destroyed.
Please note that if you request to have your data to be changed, blocked or any of the above then there will be a record of this to prove your request has been executed. We may also ask for verification of your identity before responding to such requests.
You may exercise your choices and requests by following instructions on communications given to you and/or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our sites and services are not addressed to anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we will take the steps to remove that information from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and become aware that your child has provided us with such data then please contact us.
As mentioned throughout this policy you are able to contact us at email@example.com with any questions or queries.